Tuesday, April 9, 2013

The Way We Were...

 From marriages, houses, furniture, toys and even cars- things were made to last forever.  Things were not as disposable as they are today because people took pride in what they built and took care of what they owned.   I get kind of sad thinking about what life has become.  Even people are disposable now. If only I had a time machine, I would go back to a much simpler time and place! Lets all take a trip to a much sweeter time...


Character and Attention to Detail




Things were built to last.







Children were Children,for longer.





Love Lasted Forever


All images from google and pinterest.


4 comments:

  1. hah! I would go with you! :)
    I know what you mean.. and I do agree. Sometimes I dream about isolating myself from others. Just me and my man.. and family. Living in a house, far away from other people... going back to the past would be great as well! Love this century though! :)
    Anyway! great images! I always come back to your blog to check out what a pretty thing you're sharing with us! Thanks for that! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love mid-century furniture and architecture too. but i don't know if i'd want to go back to that time - there are some pros and some cons :) you should read 11/22/63 by stephen king - it's really nostalgic for the late 50s/60s. thanks for the follow - following you back!
    -- jackiejade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. awe this is so sweet! i love it! such good memories!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from my readers!