Friday, April 26, 2013

Thrift Store Greed

 
 The Thrift Stores being greedy. I think they want to keep it all.

I have had a bit of writer's block lately.  There just hasn't been much worth writing about.  I guess maybe I am just a little discouraged about the vintage market lately.  Today I went to two estate sales without any luck.  The prices were RIDICULOUS!  The thrift stores in my area are going insane as well. Thrift Stores have become GREEDY. I mean why are they charging so much for stuff that is DONATED? I wonder if it has to do with the popularity of that "Thrift Shop" song.  Everyone is going thrifting now and the Thrift Stores know it. Prices have gone up so much in the past few months. BOO HOO!  Does anyone else feel this way? Is the market drying up? Or are the thrift shops just getting greedy?  I am hoping I am just having a "dry spell" and that the thrift stores will get it together.  I will defiantly have to hit up some garage sales soon! Hopefully they will have "garage sale" prices!

Thanks a lot Macklemore!

2 comments:

  1. Really lovely blog! Beautiful layout, love the scalloped bunting. :) x

    lemon-freckles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, you are right, the prices have gone up, Our local Goodwill has raised their prices for a blouse from $2.99 to $3.99-$4.99, so a dollar or two, they also do a lot of recycling, otherwise they would have a hugh trash bill. Still not happy about it. Some lesser known thrift stores are better than the main stream ones sometimes, but not always. And, yes, yard sales hopefully will be better, sometimes estate sales, but they always charge a bit more also, so it better be top quality stuff. Adore your top picture with the girl and dolls, very cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from my readers!